We are pleased to inform you that all probate legal professionals calls have been centralised and are now dealt with by the Birmingham Courts and Tribunals Service Centre (CTSC). You will no longer be required to contact a local registry if you need an update on your client’s applications.
The probate CTSC helpline number is 0300 303 0648 and is open Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 5pm.
The CTSC will be able to confirm the following information:
- If the application has been received
- Where the application is being processed
- The current service level in the registry where you have lodged your application
- When they expect the grant to be issued
- Whether a ‘stop’ is in place and the reasoning for this
We would appreciate your support in this new process as it will allow the registry staff resource to process your paper applications more efficiently.
(Update provided by HMCTS)