The Problem(s) with Probate
- How do you remove an executor (including s.116 / 113 applications)?
- What to do when a claim is made against the estate / your executor client
- Neutrality: to be or not to be?
- Dealing with the estate
- Obtaining an urgent grant (grants ad colligenda bona)
- Grants under s.117 Senior Courts Act 1981
- What to do when acting as professional executor / administrator, and the beneficiaries do not approve your accounts
- Dealing with difficulties with your own clients
- What happens if you are an Attorney acting for the executor and are without instructions?
- What happens if you are acting for two clients as executors and they fall out?
- What happens to the funds you may be holding on client account?
- What happens when one of them asks for the file?
- What bits of the file do you have to release?
- Dealing with Claims where your firm (and not necessarily your client) is in the spotlight
- Dealing with Larke v Nugus requests
- Preservation of Will files
- Conflicts of interest
- When to notify insurers
- Avoiding problematic probates
- Problems proving wills and how your file can help
- Getting the most out of a capacity report
- The value of attendance notes
About the speaker