This webinar is for private client law practitioners who wish to advise clients about the complex issue of securing or retaining NHS Continuing Healthcare Funding, and for Professional Deputies and Attorneys who need to explore NHS CHC eligibility for their clients. An award of NHS CHC is usually financially beneficial as it normally ensures that the client does not need to use any of their own assets or income to pay for care either in a care facility or their own home.
- Resources and guidance
- Understanding the basics of NHS CHC
- The Health and Social Care divide
- Definitions and basic concepts
- The primary healthcare need test
- Process of applying for NHS CHC on a client’s behalf (Checklist, DST)
- The assessment and decision making process – tips and tactics
- How and when to challenge ineligible decisions
- Risks in obtaining NHS CHC funding
- Will your client’s preferences be met?
- Commissioning policies – commissioning vs best interests
- Top ups – are they lawful?
About the speaker