- Offences committed due to loss of faculties.
- Procedure and likely penalties
- What to do if offences alleged to have been committed by a client
- A general update on procedure and a look at recent decisions including the Trust Corporation ruling and 2 further cases on section 19(2) MCA 2005.
- The practice and procedure to be adopted by the COP when calling in security bonds (clarifying the approach adopted in the Gladys Meek case).
Speakers: Catherine Junor is a solicitor specialising in criminal defence with a particular interest in offences involving the elderly. Claire van Overdijk TEP is a barrister with extensive experience in mental capacity law and the Court of Protection and has an established dual practice with specialism in the health/welfare and property/financial affairs jurisdictions of the court
AGM after the event