Paying for care

Many people are worried about long term care and what that may mean for themselves and/or for their loves ones.

It is a fact that people are living longer, however, there maybe medical issues that will require them to either have nursing or social care needs.  Most people wish to remain as independent as possible and live in their own homes. Unfortunately, that is not always possible due their situation and they may have to enter long term or permanent residential or nursing care in a care home or hospital type setting.

Therefore, funding for care is an important consideration when you or your loved ones require even minimal care, and this can cause considerable worry.

Once you find yourself in a position where you need care, you often find that the amount of help and advice is extremely limited.

You may find that you or a loved may be eligible for support from the state to assist you with the cost of care. Working out if you are eligible and then applying for benefits can be a complicated and confusing process.

What support can you get?

It is important to know what support may be available to you and how it can be accessed. The type of support available to you will depend on the level of your needs. A large number of factors will be taken into account in assessing your needs including health, mobility and the type of assistance required on a day to day basis.

It may also be necessary for a financial assessment to be carried out to calculate whether there are sufficient funds available to cover the cost of care or whether a contribution to the cost can be made.

The cost of care is likely to carry a significant financial impact. So, it is important to seek specialist care funding advice at the earliest opportunity.

Expert Care Funding Advice

Our SFE members understand the complexities of care funding and can advise you on aspects such as entering into care contracts, third party top up arrangements, eligibility for care funding such as local authority contributions and NHS Continuing Health Care. They can also advise on obtaining services under The Care Act 2014 from the Local Authority, financial assessments, deprivation of capital rules and deferred payment arrangements.

They can also advise you on appealing decisions made by the Local Authority or the NHS, if it is felt that they have not complied with statutory law or regulation.

Helping to connect you with the right legal help when you need it