Thank you for your interest in joining SFE. A few points to note before you apply:
SFE membership is on an individual basis. A firm cannot be a member.
We have strict entry criteria for membership please check that you are eligible to join us (see below for details)
All new members are required to complete our Older Client Care in Practice Award before they can be accepted as Associate members.
Membership to SFE is currently £175 per annum.
There is a one off joining fee of £235. This is to cover set up costs including a lifetime user licence on our knowledgebase and the fee for undertaking the two SFE accredited awards (the OCCP Award & the OCLP Award)
All new members must aim to complete the OCCP Award within 8 weeks of joining.
- Apply to join SFE
- Pay joining fee
- Complete the SFE OCCP Award
- Pay membership fee
- Become an SFE Associate member
Associate members can stay at the Associate level for a maximum of three years by which time they should have completed both Awards and upgraded to Full Accredited Member, otherwise they will no longer meet the SFE membership eligibility criteria.
- Fully qualified solicitors holding a valid and current practising certificate and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) or the Law Society of Scotland (LSS)
- Fully qualified barristers holding a valid and current practising certificate and regulated by the Bar Council
- Fellows of CILEx holding a valid and current practising certificate and regulated by CILEx
- Scottish Registered Paralegal Members with at least 3 years’ registration as a paralegal with the LSS
All members must be able to show that they spend at least 50% of their time working in the field of older client law