We are currently looking for an experienced private client solicitor to join our fast expanding team in our Richmond office. We are one of the UK’s top 100 law firms. There will also be opportunities to manage and promote business development with energy and focus.
If you are looking for a new challenge, we may have an opportunity of interest to you.
Along with solid general Private Client knowledge, you would also need to offer the following;
- Experience of Will review and drafting for clients from all walks of life including trusts, avoidance of claims and international elements
- Experience of running Probate matters from start to finish, including all Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax issues arising, with some international elements
- A good working knowledge of Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax, in context of succession planning using Wills and Trusts including for high-net-worth individuals.
- An appreciation of areas of property law and co-ownership issues
- Experience of dealing with capacity issues relating to Wills and Lasting / Enduring Powers of Attorney, including liaising with Office of the Public Guardian
- Willingness to undertake home, hospital and care home visits as necessary
- Experience of working closely with other teams within the firm, with accountants, investment advisors / wealth managers, care agencies and land/ estate agents to provide holistic advice to the clients.
- Prepared to travel as necessary within London and Surrey to service clients.
- Qualified Solicitor with at least 10 years PQE
- Ability to process a large independent caseload effectively and efficiently and to meet deadlines
- Experience of building relationships with both new and existing clients and relevant professional referrers
- Proven financial record and excellent financial housekeeping
- Commercial & forward-thinking attitude to legal business
- STEP and/or SFE qualification expected
- Must have the ability to sustain a very high level of attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to provide excellent client service
- Ability to develop business
- Be confident liaising with various parties including clients, financial institutions and other professionals.
- Very strong IT skills including use of case management system
There is scope for career progression and to make your mark in the department for the right candidate and full support to help you achieve your objectives.
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter detailing your salary expectations to Recruitment@mooreblatch.com